April 27 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm £20
What is a ‘Clothes Swap’?
A clothing swap is an event where garments are traded and exchanged instead of currency. Participants exchange their valued but no longer used clothing for clothing they will use. Clothing swaps are considered not only a good way to revive and refresh one’s wardrobe, but also are considered an act of environmentalism by keeping clothes ‘in the loop’ and avoiding landfill and unnecessarily buying new clothes.
How does it work?
- Sizing and quality: If you have been to a clothes swap before you will know half of the fun is in the mystery. All sizes are welcome. Clothes that are of great quality are encouraged but just like any game the outcome can not be predicted. Bring an open mind, good attitude and we are hopeful you will find some gems!
- Please bring no more than 10 garments to avoid overstock and mess
- What to wear to a swap: We have bathroom and changeroom facilities but we also recommend wearing clothes to the swap that allow you to try on easier. For example singlets, tshirts, shorts, bike pants, tights etc. Nothing too bulky so you can throw your clothes over the top if the line is too long!
Clothing check-list prior to the event – must answer yes to all of the following.
- Are my garments cleaned?
- Are my garments free from permanent stains?
- Are my garments free from holes, tears and/or anything that would make it unfit for resell?
- Would you want to swap this garment for another piece of clothing you would desire?
- Remember your clothes are your currency, think that one dress you bought for a wedding but never wore? Yes! Tired yoga or gym clothes? No!
What happens to clothes left over? What can we do about the problem?
Please take any unswapped clothes home with you and we can suggest donating them to places on the night that put them to use in ethical ways.
$20 includes vegan snacks, tea and guaranteed fun!
All are welcome regardless of age, gender, clothing size or style.