University of Portsmouth
19/04/2021 02:00 - 21/04/2021 04:30From Resilience to Resistance: Tools and Processes for Organization in Times of Covid-19 Pandemic
A Conversation organized by the Democratic Citizenship Theme of the University of Portsmouth for the University’s Fashion Revolution Week (19-23 April)
Date: 22 April 2021 | Wednesday
Time: 12:00pm to 2:30pm (UK Time)
(The Zoom link with full joining instructions will be sent to you by email. Please check your inbox after you have registered and keep the joining instructions safely.)
12:00 - Welcome and Introduction
Prof. Leïla Choukroune and Dr Hamid Foroughi
12.05-12.45 - Panel One: The Covid-19 Pandemic and The Textile and Garment Supply Chain
Prof. Tamsin Bradley, Prof. Leïla Choukroune, Sarah Ditty, Dr Vivek Soundararajan, Dr Matthew Anderson, Isabella Liu
Chair: Dr Hamid Foroughi
12.45-13.00 - Questions and Answers
13:00-13:20 – Resilience and Struggle for Social Memory: an interactive workshop facilitated by Dr Hamid Foroughi
13:30 to 14:15 - Panel Two: From Resilience to Resistance
Leana Hosea, Sebastian Devaraj, Dr Harpreet Kaur, Dr Suti Sahariah, Dr Sanchita Banerjee Saxena, Salil Tripathi
Chair: Prof. Leïla Choukroune
14.15-14.30 - Questions and Answers
- Prof. Leïla Choukroune, Professor of International Law and Director of the University of Portsmouth Thematic Area in Democratic Citizenship.
- Dr. Hamid Foroughi, Senior Lecturer in Management, in the Faculty of Business and Law at the University of Portsmouth, UK.
- Prof. Tamsin Bradley, Professor in International Development Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Portsmouth.
- Sarah Ditty, Global Policy Director at Fashion Revolution and leads the 'Trade Fair Live Fair' a European Commission funded programme.
- Dr. Vivek Soundararajan, Senior Lecturer, in Management, Strategy & Organisation at the Centre for Business, Organisations and Society at the University of Bath.
- Dr. Matthew Anderson, Senior Lecturer in Business Ethics in the Faculty of Business and Law at the University of Portsmouth.
- Isabella Liu is a Creative Industry Facilitator & Curator, Pioneering Jewellery Designer, Founder and Managing director at London Design Academy (LDA).
- Leana Hosea is a multi-media journalist with 13 years of experience working for the BBC and a Knight-Wallace Fellow at the University of Michigan.
- Sebastian Devaraj is the Executive Trustee of FEDINA. FFEDINA was established in 1983 with the objective of empowering the marginalised, the oppressed and the poorest of the poor to demand their rights in India.
- Dr Harpreet Kaur, leader of a regional project to promote responsible business practices through regional partnerships in Asia at the UNDP’s Regional Bureau of Asia and the Pacific.
- Dr. Sutirtha Sahariah is an independent researcher and consultant. Currently serving as the senior vice president and head of communication for India's largest sanitation NGO, Sulabh International.
- Dr. Sanchita Banerjee Saxena is the Executive Director of the Institute for South Asia Studies; and Director at the Subir and Malini Chowdhury Center for Bangladesh Studies, UC Berkley.
- Salil Tripathi is senior adviser in global issues at the Institute for Human Rights and Business.