August 27 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Free
Join the Central City Library for an evening with fashion industry experts, who want to have a quick deep & meaningful with you about sustainability, makery, workmanship, tradition and business in the big little world of New Zealand fashion.
– Margaret Lewis, a self-taught textile artist and craft connoisseur into unexpected and re-contextualized materials.
– Angela Winter Means, creator and curator of Greatest Friend and longstanding stylist, buyer and influencer.
– Karishma Kelsey, social consciousness entrepreneur, educator and design activist of ethical trade through sustainable circular,
slow fashion practices in the fashion industry
– Julia Leuchars, Marketing and Brand Communication Director and Designer of the long-loved N.Z fashion institution, the Trelise Cooper group.
– Jermaine Deez, visual, dance and performance artist and member of iconic vogue-battling Auckland Collective FAFSWAG
– Jeanine Clarkin, Waiheke based Maori fashion designer and fabric addict, committed to reducing waste whilst increasing style 1 blanket at a time.
And finally, our wonderful host/MC – Kate Hall, of fashion and sustainability blog Ethically Kate.
Our experts will introduce themselves and give a short summary of their career history, passions, and involvement in sustainable practices. Next, our gracious MC, will lead a short panel discussion about the state of fashion in NZ and the importance of considering the impact on our planet when we shop. Finally, our experts will split up and the audience will be free to approach them for a quick one-on-one about fashion, industry, inspiration, or the meaning and fabric of life – in short, a short exchange about whatever you like! MC Kate will be roaming and prompting discussions for all to hear.
Don’t be shy – come along, be yourself, and get to know some of the industry leaders who are working to make sure you not only look good but are doing good when you invest your money in NZ fashion.
To secure your spot at this event and to see the other events happening at Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero during NZ Fashion Week, visit this website and register. Spaces for some events are limited: central.aucklandlibraries.nz