April 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm FREE
This is a free community event hosted by Fashion Revolution YYC in honour of Fashion Revolution Week YYC (23rd – 27th of April). Slots are limited, so make sure you RSVP! Monetary donations are welcome and appreciated.
Doors open at 6 p.m.
The Fashion Revolution YYC Clothing Swap is an event which familiarizes folks with another way of reusing garments and accessories – swapping clothes with friends and strangers. Attendees will have the opportunity to swap clothes with one another, socialize, and listen to local business owners on their experiences with sustainable and ethical fashion. Read more about clothing swaps on our blog.
Clothing Swap Guidelines:
- Please bring up to 15 previously worn and loved items with you. This includes shoes, accessories, and notions such as buttons.
- Please ensure your clothes are in good condition (No rips, tears, no missing buttons, and no stains please) and freshly laundered (don’t forget to hang dry!).
- Your items will be counted by a volunteer. Once you have mingled and browsed to find your new-to-you items, you can swap your new items at a 1:1 ratio. Any garments remaining will be donated to WINS.
- Helen Youn is a professional organizer specializing in the KonMari Method™. Helen found this method as an overwhelmed new mom after reading “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo and decided to make a change. After experiencing life-changing results firsthand, Helen felt compelled to pursue extensive training with Marie Kondo. She is currently the only Certified KonMari Consultant in the Prairies and one of a handful of KonMari Seminar Lecturers in the world. You can find her at www.helenyoun.com and on Instagram and Facebook @sparkjoywithhelen. Find out more about Marie Kondo and The KonMari Method at www.konmari.com
- Velour Clothing Exchange, founded by Myra Miller, is Calgary’s first dedicated buy/sell/trade clothing store. Formerly The Front Porch, Velour builds on its reputation for carrying a thoughtfully curated, hand-picked collection of men’s + women’s clothing and accessories. The store specializes in wearable 60s – 90s vintage and on-trend clothing. Velour Clothing Exchange is committed to expanding and defining personal style. Velour encourages style experimentation by incorporating vintage and modern clothing into your wardrobe in a relaxed environment and at affordable prices. Find out more about Velour at https://velourclothingexchange.com/ and follow on Instagram at @velourclothingexchange